Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Meilin Rose












Dear Meilin Rose,
Tomorrow is your second birthday but your first one home. Even though I was not there with you on your first, you were with me in spirit, growing in my heart. As I stare at the first photo I ever received of you, I knew then that you were mine, the baby I had been waiting for, the one God had planned for me right along. I have seen those sorrowful eyes brighten and sparkle and witnessed your frown turn into a smile that melts my heart. Your once guarded soul has opened up and you give and receive love so readily. You have a forever family now. We will be here for you always. You will never celebrate a birthday alone again. I love you my sweet baby girl.
Love,
Mama

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet letter to your daughter... one that tugs deeply at my own heart, as we had hoped to have Khloe home in time for her 2nd birthday, but that just isn't going to happen now. We're praying to travel by spring break, but still waiting on our LOA...officially 41 days since LID. Anyway...congratulations on getting to celebrate such a special time with your daughter... she is precious as can be!! :)

    Happy 2nd Birthday, Beautiful Meilin Rose!!

    love and hugs,
    ~ Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Sweet Girl.
    Arianna has the same dress you do in the last picture.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. tears of joy for you my friend. Happy Birthday Meilin! Love, Kelly

    ReplyDelete